Lijun Fang, Chuangqi Qiong, Xiaofeng Xia, Liang Shijun, Gentao Lei, Jung-Yu Yang
The extracellular-signal-regulated-kinase (ERK) signaling pathway is frequently deregulated in tumors.The objective of this study is to investigate the association between ERK2/β-catenin in risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) corelated with CSN6. elevated CSN6 expression was positively correlated with ERK2/ β-catenin activation and overexpression in esophageal cancer. These results suggested that the ERK2/β-catenin/CSN6 interactions might play vital roles in the progression on esophageal cancer.
Keywords: Esophageal carcinoma; CSN6; ERK2; β-catenin
- McCubrey JA, Steelman LS, Chappell WH, et al. Roles of the Raf/MEK/ERK pathway in cell growth, malignant transformation and drug resistance. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta 2007;1773:1263–1284. [Abstract/Full-Text]
- Steelman LS,Pohnert SC, Shelton LG, et al. JAK/STAT, Raf/MEK/ERK, PI3K/Akt and BCR-ABL in cell cycle progression and leukemogenesis. Leukemia 2004;18:189–218. [Abstract/Full-Text]
- Blalock WL, Weinstein-Oppenheimer C, Chang F, et al. Signal transduction, cell cycle regulatory, and anti-apoptotic pathways regulated by IL-3 in hematopoietic cells: possible sites for intervention with anti-neoplastic drugs. Leukemia 1999;13: 1109–1166. [PubMed]
- Lee Jr JT, McCubrey JA. The Raf/MEK/ERK signal transduction cascade as a target for chemotherapeutic intervention in leukemia. Leukemia 2002;16: 486–507. [PubMed]
- Krebs DL, Hilton DJ. SOCS proteins: negative regulators of cytokine signaling. Stem Cells 2001;19: 378–387. [PubMed]
- English JM, Cobb MH. Pharmacological inhibitors of MAPK pathways. Trends Pharmacol Sci 2002;23: 40–45. [PubMed]
- Allegra CJ, Jessup JM, Somerfield, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology provisional clinical opinion: testing for KRAS gene mutations in patients with metastatic colorectal carcinoma to predict response to anti-epidermal growth factor receptor monoclonal antibody therapy. J Clin Oncol 2009;20;27(12):2091-6. [PubMed]
- Yousif NG, Al-Amran FG, Hadi N, Lee J, Adrienne J. Expression of IL-32 modulates NF-κB and p38 MAP kinase pathways in human esophageal cancer. Cytokine 2013;61(1):223-7. [PubMed]
- Yamada Y, Oyama T, Hirose Y. Beta-Catenin mutation is selected during malignant transformation in colon carcinogenesis. Carcinogenesis 2003;24:91- 97.
- Takeshita N, Kanda N, Fukunaga T. Esophageal intramural pseudodiverticulosis of the residual esophagus after esophagectomy for esophageal cancer. World J Gastroenterol 2015;21(30):9223-7. [PubMed]
- Plavsic BM, Chen MY, Gelfand DW, et al. Intramural pseudodiverticulosis of the esophagus detected on barium esophagograms: increased prevalence in patients with esophageal carcinoma. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1995;165:1381–1385. [PubMed]
- Li X, Lin S, Zhang Y, Wang H. Synchronous primary esophageal squamous cell carcinoma and gastric adenocarcinoma: analysis of 41 cases treated in a single institution. Sci Rep 2015;5:13335. [PubMed]
- Mao WM, Zheng WH, Ling ZQ. Epidemiologic risk factors for esophageal cancer development. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2001; 12:2461–6. [PubMed]
- Bass AJ, Thorsson V, Shmulevich I, et al. Comprehensive molecular characterization of gastric adenocarcinoma. Nature 2014;513: 202–209. [PubMed]
- Anastassiadis T, Deacon SW, Devarajan K, Ma H, Peterson JR. Comprehensive assay of kinase catalytic activity reveals features of kinase inhibitor selectivity. Nat Biotech 2011;29:1039–1045. [PubMed]
- Wilke H, Muro K, Van Cutsem E, et al. Ramucirumab plus paclitaxel versus placebo plus paclitaxel in patients with previously treated advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (RAINBOW): a double-blind, randomised phase 3 trial. The Lancet Oncology 2014;15:1224–1235. [PubMed]
- Fabian MA, Biggs WH 3rd, Treiber DK,et al. A small molecule-kinase interaction map for clinical kinase inhibitors. Nat Biotechnol 2005;23:329–336. [PubMed]
- Karaman MW, Herrgard S, Treiber DK, et al. A quantitative analysis of kinase inhibitor selectivity. Nat Biotechnol 2008;26:127–132. [PubMed]
- Fedorov O, Brian Marsden, Vanda Pogacic, et al. A systematic interaction map of validated kinase inhibitors with Ser/Thr kinases. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2007;104:20523–20528. [PubMed]
- Cohen P. Protein kinases–the major drug targets of the twenty-first century? Nat Rev Drug Discovery 2002;1:309–315. [PubMed]
Lijun Fang, Chuangqi Qiong, Xiaofeng Xia, Liang Shijun, Gentao Lei, Jung-Yu Yang. ERK2 deregulates of β-catenin in esophageal cancer via CSN6. Journal of cellular cancer 2015; 7(2):30-42.